How to Reset Brostrend WiFi Extender?
Brostrend WiFi extender reset is a perfect solution for most of the Brostrend WiFi extender login and setup issues. Below are the steps with explanations for this process. Note that you must follow these steps in the given order to achieve the results you desire.
Steps For Brostrend WiFi Extender Soft Reset
- Find a small pin or paper clip and insert it into the reset hole on the back of the Brostrend Wifi extender. Make sure not to press too hard or else you could damage your device!
- Hold down for 3 seconds or until you hear a beep. This means it’s been successfully reset.
- Remove the pin/paperclip from the hole and wait 30 seconds before plugging back. It will ensure that it doesn’t damage any components inside.
- The next time you power up your device, it should work as per your expectations.
Note: Soft resetting your Brostrend Wifi extender is a great way to troubleshoot any issues that may be occurring in your home. If you’re having trouble connecting to the internet or getting a strong signal throughout your home, this is the best and easiest way to fix it!
Steps For Hard Resetting Your Brostrend WiFi Extender
To hard reset your Brostrend Wifi extender, you will need to perform a factory reset.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the device.
- Remove the battery cover by prying it open with a flathead screwdriver.
- Remove the battery and set it aside for now (don’t throw it away).
- Reinsert the battery into its holder, making sure that it’s oriented correctly (with “Brostrend” facing upwards). Replace the cover and resecure it with screws or tape if necessary.
- Plug in your extender and wait until it boots up thoroughly before use.
Brostrend AC1200 Reset Steps
Before you reset your Brostrend WiFi extender, check the LED light on your extender. If it is solid green, then your extender has a proper internet connection. Plus, there is no connection issue or network problem.
Thereafter, follow these steps in the same order:
- With a needle, push the RESET button on the extender when the PWR LED is solid on.
- Next, there will be a simultaneous flash of the SIGNAL, WPS, and PWR LEDs.
- Afterward, the PWR LED will return to solid blue.
- Now, you have successfully reset your AC1200 WiFi extender to its default factory settings.
Things to Note About Brostrend WiFi Extender Setup
First, make sure that you are using a good-quality power adapter to connect the extender to the power source. A power adapter can sometimes cause different issues including no internet connection. So, verify that your device is getting sufficient power supply by checking the LED light.
Also, ensure that your device is not far from your router. It should be no more than 1-2 rooms away and not for a long distance. If your device does not get sufficient signal from the router, then you will face internet connection issues.
There are two ways to reset the Brostrend WiFi extender; soft reset and hard reset. You can perform both of them as per your need and preferences. In fact, a soft reset is enough to fix most of the common issues while a hard reset means restoring factory settings that automatically wipe out all of your existing settings and data stored on the extender.
Issues That You Can Resolve With Brostrend WiFi Extender Reset
- Brostrend wifi extender setup error
- re.brostrend.com login error
- Brostrend wifi extender forgot password or password incorrect
- Brostrend wifi extender change wifi or bandwidth change
- AC1200 access point setup failure
- Brostrend wifi extender password is incorrect
When Do You Need Brostrend WiFi Extender Reset?
Brostrend WiFi Extender No Internet
Sometimes there are internet connectivity issues with your WiFi extender. In case, if the LED light is not green or blinking, then you can reset your Brostrend WiFi extender to fix the wireless connection.
It Shows Password Incorrect Error
Humans are prone to errors. More than often, users forget their WiFi login password. When that happens, Brostrend WiFi extender reset comes to the rescue. After the reset, you can change the default password to a new one that you can remember easily.
Other than these two, there are many other scenarios in which resetting the Brostrend extender helps users to a great extent. For any sort of assistance with reset steps, feel free to get in touch with us.