Quick Brostrend AC1200 Setup Steps
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
Write to our experts and they will get to you in the least possible time.
The setup of the brostrend AC1200 extender is a five-minute task. Users can use three methods for Brostrend AC1200 setup the web UI, access point, or the WPS button. Before starting this process, first clients should know the specifications of LED lights of AC1200 extender. Let’s jump in.
Specifications of LED Lights
Power LED Light
When you join your wavlink AC1200 extender in the power socket, the power LED shows that your device is starting. If an extender’s power LED light turns solid, it means that your brostrend extender is turned on.
Note: If the power LED light does not blink solid, your extender is not correctly connected to an electrical outlet.
WPS LED Light
The WPS LED light starts to glow when the WPS connection is in progress. When the WPS LED light of an extender Blink solidifies, the WPS connection is successfully done. If the WPS LED light of an extender does not turn solid then it means that the WPS function of an extender is disabled.
Signal LED Light
If the signal LED light of an extender turns solid blue then it means your brostrend AC1200 extender successfully connects to the host router and the placement of an extender is perfect. If you see a red signal LED light of the extender then it means that your brostrend extender is far away from the router. Place your Brostrend extender nearest to the host router.
Setup Brostrend AC1200 WiFi Extender
There are three methods to do the Brostrend AC1200 setup which we explain at the top of this post. Now we will tell you how to set up an extender using that method.
Method 1: Extend WiFi Network by Using Web UI
- First, you have to power on your Brostrend WiFi extender.
- Now, place the plug of an extender in a power socket nearest to the main router.
- After that, link your WiFi gadget to the Brostrend extender WiFi network i.e., Brostrend_EXT.
Verify that the mobile data feature of your wireless device is disabled.
- Now, launch a web browser and type re.brostrend.com in the address box.
- Now, make a strong security password for lateral use.
- Pick a WiFi network that you want to extend.
- Enter a security password (that one you make) and which one you need to extend.
- At last, wait for a few minutes to see an extended successfully connected message on your display.
Method 2: Bond Brostrend AC1200 Extender to Router Via WPS
If you get fail, while doing the first method then you can try another method. Follow these steps to do the setup of an extender to a router via WPS.
- At the beginning of this method, you must have power on your WiFi extender.
Note: Verify that the placement of an extender is closer to the router.
- Now, push and hold the WPS button of an extender with the help of a paperclip for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Or in 2 minutes push the WPS button of the router.
- Further, wait for a few minutes to see an extender’s solid blue LED light.
- As a result, the connection between the brostrend extender and router is fortunately done. If you also get a fail then you can try another method.
Method 3: Connect Extender to Router By an Access Point
- As same as the first and second methods, put the plug of an extender in the power outlet.
- Now, attach your Brostrend extender to the router with the help of an ethernet cable. ( Make sure the ethernet cable must be of good quality)
- Launch the web page and type re.brostrend.com in the HTML bar.
- After that, from the menu pick an option of mode.
- Lastly, fill in the SSID (network name) and security password.
Tip: After reading the setup methods we hope you will be able to do the Brostrend AC1200 setup.
Facing Trouble During Extender Setup?
During the process of extender setup if you are facing an issue then follow these few tips to fix the setup issue.
See The Location of the Extender
If you are facing an issue during the setup of the brostrend WiFi extender then it does not do anything, only you have to check the placement of an extender. If an extender’s placement is far from 10 to 15 feet from the router, you can face the issue in the extender setup. We suggest that you place both extender and router closer to each other and you can solve the setup issue.
Check All Cable Connections
To remove the extender setup issue, you must check all cable connections. If you see any damaged wire then replace it immediately with a new wire.
Note: Feel free to chat with our experts in case of any confusion. After the Brostrend AC1200 setup, if still your extender does not work correctly then follow the below steps.
Update Software of Brostrend AC1200 Extender
- First, open a web crawler on your mobile phone and enter re.brostrend.com in the address box.
- With the help of this IP address, you can quickly go to the settings of an extender.
- Below the administration option, pick a choice of software update.
- After that, you can see the latest firmware file on your WiFi gadget.
- Further, tap on install and wait for a while to install the latest version of the software.
- As a result, your latest extender software is updated successfully.
Tip: If you are still facing the internet not working issue after the Brostrend AC1200 setup then try another method.
Reset Brostrend WiFi Extender
Locate the reset button of an extender at the back side of the device. Press the emigrate button with a paperclip. Make sure you don’t press the paper clip so hard in the reset hole. Otherwise, it may destroy or harm your gadget. Press the reset button and hold it in that position for about 10 seconds. Wait for at least 30 seconds after resetting to power on your extender and see if your extender works properly.
Note: After the reset, you will require to do the Brostrend AC1200 setup again.